Achieving a smooth, well-shaven face is crucial when it comes to applying makeup and enhancing its overall appearance. As you prepare for a TransMakeover, mastering the art of shaving facial hair is an important step. Understanding that this might be a daunting task for some, we’ve assembled this all-inclusive guide to aid you in effectively shaving your facial hair and taking care of your skin, both before and after the process.
- Cleanse Your Face: Start your routine by washing your face with a gentle cleanser. This helps remove dirt and excess oil, which in turn softens your facial hair, preparing it for a smoother shave.
Dr.organic – Organic Dead Sea Mineral Face Wash [Holland&Barrett]
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to rid your skin of dead cells that can potentially clog your razor, resulting in a less than perfect shave. Use a mild scrub suitable for the face, concentrating particularly on the areas you’ll be shaving.
- Hot Shower or Warm Towel: A hot shower or applying a warm towel to your face can further help soften the hair and open up your pores, ensuring a smoother, more effective shave.
- Pre-Shave Cream: Pre-shave creams or oils create an additional protective layer between your skin and the razor. These products reduce friction and decrease the chance of razor burn and skin irritation.
Proraso – Pre Shave Cream – Green Eucalyptus & Menthol [Scheersalon] [Douglas]
Dermalogica – Pre-shave Cream [Lookfantastic]
- Quality Razors: The quality of the razor you use can make a significant difference. Opt for one with multiple blades for a closer shave.
- Use a Shaving Cream or Gel: Apply a liberal amount of shaving cream or gel. This not only facilitates the process but also reduces the risk of nicks and cuts.
- Shave in the Right Direction: Shave in the direction that your hair grows, typically downwards. Shaving against the grain can result in skin irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Rinse and Pat Dry: Post-shave, rinse your face with cool water to close the pores. Then gently pat your face dry. Avoid rubbing, as it can potentially irritate the skin.
- Apply an After-shave Balm or Moisturizer: A good after-shave product is formulated to soothe and hydrate your skin, reducing the likelihood of post-shave irritation.
- Skin Care: Proceed with your regular skin care routine. If needed, apply a facial moisturizer, especially if your skin tends to dry out after shaving.
For those who prefer an electric razor, the general principles of preparation remain the same. Cleanse and exfoliate your skin, and use a pre-shave product specifically designed for electric shavers. Unlike manual shaving, you may want to shave against the direction of hair growth when using an electric razor. After shaving, apply a soothing after-shave balm and proceed with your regular skin care routine.
Remember that each individual’s skin is unique and it might take some time to discover the shaving routine that suits you best. Be attentive to your skin and adjust your routine accordingly. Always take your time with the process; never rush, and ensure you’re looking after your skin before, during, and after you shave. With patience and practice, you’ll be able to achieve a smooth and clean shave, creating the perfect base for your TransMakeover.
Whether you’re gearing up for your first makeover or you’re a seasoned pro, we hope this guide helps you in your journey towards a smoother shave and a flawless makeup application. As always, feel free to reach out to our team with any questions or concerns. We’re here to support you at every step of your journey.
The Makeover Experience
The Deluxe Makeover Experience is not only about transformation but also about relaxation and enjoyment. That’s why we include food and drinks as part of your day. So sit back, relax, and let your transformation journey unfold.
Book your Deluxe Makeover Experience today and embark on a transformation journey that celebrates and uplifts your unique self.